Become an Arkwright Engineering Scholar !
The 2014 application round is now open until Friday 24th January 2014
You can register online (subject to teacher approval) using the link on the right.
Please note: Online registration will incur the £37.50 application fee, whether you go on to submit a full application or not. Please check with your teacher and parents first!
Listen to an audio podcast about the initial Application Process here - mp3 file [8MB]
The Arkwright Scholarships Trust can support you to become a future leader in engineering or a related area of technical design.
Your school must be affiliated to the Arkwright Scholarships Trust before you can apply for a Scholarship.
You must apply during year 11 (England and Wales), S4 (Scotland), year 12 (Northern Ireland). The Scholarship will be awarded as you enter year 12 (England and Wales), S5 (Scotland), year 13 (Northern Ireland) to study subjects which will prepare you for a university degree or higher-level apprenticeship and career in engineering or a related area of design.
The Engineering Scholarships are supported by Industry, Charitable Trusts, Universities, Professional Institutions, Trade Associations, the Armed Services, Schools and Personal Donors. Scholars are actively encouraged to develop the partnership with their sponsor.
Benefits for Scholars
- £600 financial award (over 2 years)
- Potential access to mentoring through a partnership with STEMNET and other organisations
- Enrichment opportunities including industry-based engineering experience days, magazine subscriptions and technical lectures
- Reimbursement of one "Headstart" university experience course for first-year Scholars
- Free CREO design software and training in its use
- Personal development and enhanced confidence
- Exclusive Arkwright Undergraduate Scholarships only available to Arkwright Engineering Scholars - worth between £10,000 and £12,000 over the duration of your undergraduate degree in engineering or related areas of design
- Support from your Sponsor may include:
- a day visit
- work experience
- personal mentor
- support for your curriculum project
Click the links on the right to find out more about the application process