Become an Arkwright Engineering Scholar !
The application round for the 2014 Scholarships is now closed to new applicants. The 2015 Scholarship application round will open in October 2014
Letters, informing 2014's Candidates of the outcome of their Scholarship applications, will be posted during the week commencing 14th July
Listen to an audio podcast about the application form - mp3 [8MB]
(2014 version. 2015 version will be added in September 2014)
Listen to an audio podcast about the aptitude exam - mp3 [5MB]
Listen to an audio podcast about the candidate interview - mp3 [8MB]
The Arkwright Scholarships Trust can support you to become a future leader in engineering or technical design.
Your school must be affiliated to the Arkwright Scholarships Trust before you can apply for a Scholarship.
You must apply during year 11 (England and Wales), S4 (Scotland), year 12 (Northern Ireland). The Scholarship will be awarded as you enter year 12 (England and Wales), S5 (Scotland), year 13 (Northern Ireland) to study subjects which will prepare you for a university degree or higher-level apprenticeship and career in engineering or a related area of design.
The Engineering Scholarships are supported by Industry, Charitable Trusts, Universities, Professional Institutions, Trade Associations, the Armed Services, Schools and Personal Donors.
Benefits for Scholars
- £600 financial award (over 2 years)
- Potential access to mentoring about engineering and technical design through a partnership with STEMNET and other organisations
- Enrichment opportunities including industry-based engineering experience days, magazine subscriptions and technical lectures
- Reimbursement of one "Headstart" university experience course for first-year Scholars
- Free CREO design software and training in its use
- Personal development and enhanced confidence
- Arkwright Undergraduate Scholarships available exclusively to Arkwright Engineering Scholars - worth between £10,000 and £12,000 over the duration of your undergraduate degree in engineering or technical design
- Support from your Sponsor may include:
- a day visit
- work experience
- personal mentor
- support for your curriculum project
Click the links on the right to find out more about the application process