Become an Arkwright Engineering Scholar
The Student Selection results for the 2016 Arkwright Engineering Scholarships have been released by email
The Arkwright Scholarships Trust can support you to become a future leader in Engineering.
Talk to your teacher if you are interested in applying for a Scholarship and if you have just started year 11 (England & Wales), S4 (Scotland), year 12 (Northern Ireland).
Your school must be affiliated to the Arkwright Scholarships Trust before you can apply for a Scholarship. If your school is not affiliated ask your teacher to complete the school affiliation form. Affiliation is quick, simple and FREE.
You must apply during year 11 (England and Wales), S4 (Scotland), year 12 (Northern Ireland). The Scholarship will be awarded as you enter year 12 (England and Wales), S5 (Scotland), year 13 (Northern Ireland) to study subjects which will prepare you for a university degree or higher-level apprenticeship and career in Engineering or Technical Design.
The Engineering Scholarships are supported by industry, universities, professional institutions, trade associations, the Armed Services, charitable trusts and personal donors.
Benefits for Scholars
- £600 financial award (over 2 years)
- Potential access to mentoring about Engineering and Technical Design through a partnership with STEMNET and other organisations
- Enrichment opportunities including industry-based engineering experience days, magazine subscriptions and technical lectures
- Personal development and enhanced confidence
- Arkwright Undergraduate Scholarships available exclusively to Arkwright Engineering Scholars - worth between £10,000 and £12,000 over the duration of your undergraduate degree in Engineering or Technical Design
- Support from your Sponsor may include:
- a day visit
- work experience
- personal mentor
- support for your curriculum project
Click the links on the right and listen to the audio podcasts below to find out more about the application process.
- Listen to an audio podcast about how to apply for an Arkwright Engineering Scholarship - mp3 [8MB]
- Listen to an audio podcast about the aptitude exam - mp3 [5MB]
- Listen to an audio podcast about the final stage of selection - the candidate interview - mp3 [8MB]